As a LegalConnect Service Provider, we wanted to inform you about a new fee waiver functionality that has been added to LegalConnect. Following are details about how the functionality affects Fee Waiver Accounts and Regular Accounts
Fee Wavier Accounts
- Fee Waiver Accounts may now be created by public users.
- A Payment Guarantee is not required for these account types.
- eFiling transactions will require the user to upload a Request to Waive Court Fees unless otherwise indicated by the court’s case data.
- If the court’s case data indicates the filer has a fee waiver on file, the system will not prompt the user to upload the Request to Waive Court Fees.
- If a Fee Wavier Account attempts to place a physical transaction (Physical Court Filings, Service of Process, etc.) the portal will require the filer to add a payment guarantee upon selecting said physical transaction type.
- If a Fee Waiver Account attempts to place an eFiling transaction into a case where a fee waiver is not present, the system will prompt for payment information.
- If an eFiling transaction is returned by the court indicating a fee waiver was used, LegalConnect will not charge any services to partners and no invoice will be generated for the filer.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
— The LegalConnect Team