David S. Nill \\ Founder and CEO
Three decades later, David still fervently believes, “Good is never good enough.” Guided by his company’s mission “to propel the legal industry forward through web-based technology,” David is determined to transform the legal landscape. Whether he’s collecting feedback from customers, tweaking LegalConnect’s portal to streamline the ordering process or driving legislative change for the benefit of courts, law firms, and litigants; one thing’s for sure, you’ll always find David thinking of ways to harness the power of technology to simplify the lives of legal professionals.
- 30 year veteran of legal support services industry
- Past President, Legislative Chairman and Technology Chairman of CALSPro
- Past Officer of the Board of Directors for NAPPS
Bill Davidheiser \\ Executive Vice President, Engineering and CTO
His business card might state C-level, but Bill equally prefers to be toiling away writing code. As one of the principal architects of LegalConnect’s web applications (and everything else technology-related), Bill finds the greatest satisfaction in improving their speed, stability and functionality to meet evolving legal needs and technological developments. One can often find Bill white-boarding ideas with his team of engineers, programming thousands of lines of code, or training on the elliptical with his phone in hand so as not to miss a minute of productivity.
- 25 year veteran in the tech space with lots of experience creating and running large-scale Internet solutions
- Co-founder and a principal architect of Jobaline Inc., a start-up using web and mobile technology
- Previously held executive engineering management positions for both public and private organizations
- B.S. in Computer Science and Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona
Jeff Ellis \\ Executive Vice President, Sales and Business Development
As a veteran business development executive, Jeff is well-known for combining his zest for people and problem solving to execute strategies that accelerate revenue growth and capture new markets. He spends most of his time formulating ways LegalConnect’s technology solutions can deliver value to the legal industry by enabling courts, law firms and service providers to move legal documents with speed and accuracy. In his spare time, you’ll find him reading the latest tech news or a good book, exploring ideas to seize new market opportunities, strumming his guitar, or catching a Buckeyes game.
- 30+ year veteran in the technology world in strategic and operational roles for private and public companies
- Directed various legal services technology initiatives including eFiling and complex litigation document production & review
- B.A. and J.D. from The Ohio State University
John Vernagus \\ VP Marketing and Communications
Bringing marketing and public relations experience from a mix of tech-forward service businesses, John helps LegalConnect ensure its products are positioned to be the “go-to” for law firms, legal departments, and legal support providers. His expertise in customer relationship-building programs marries well with his responsibility for a brand that has long stood for solutions known to be easy, fast, and done right. John comes to work every day with a focus on helping the company connect with clients, earn their next order, and continually exceed expectations. And while he enjoys working round the clock on behalf of LegalConnect’s effort to propel the industry forward, his personal passions do occasionally put him on the ski slopes, at sporting venues, or pursuing a global travel adventure.
- 30+ years of marketing, branding and public relations experience
- Prior leadership roles at companies ranging in size from early-stage ventures to Fortune 50 enterprises
- Veteran of multiple tech-driven business/industry transformations
- B.A. and M.B.A. from Michigan State University
Henry Negrete \\ Vice President, Finance and Operations
“Coach ‘em up and turn ‘em loose” is how Henry prefers to help the LegalConnect teams achieve their goals and objectives. Whether it’s creating and developing new teams or coaching existing teams, his focus is to provide each team member with the knowledge, confidence and tools necessary to deliver LegalConnect’s services to clients with the speed and accuracy they expect. Understanding that “good is never good enough”, Henry leverages LegalConnect’s people, processes and systems to help the teams execute to an ever-increasing standard of excellence; continually improving service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- 20+ years of managing finance and operations technology solutions in a variety of industries
- Previously COO of a company that grew from 50 to 500 employees and made the inc5000 each year during his 5 year leadership
- Previously held executive management positions for both public and privately held firms
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Finance from San Diego State University
Larry Swain \\ Vice President of Product Integrations
As someone who loves wearing many hats, Larry enjoys the challenge of overseeing product management and service fulfillment at LegalConnect. While he’s equally comfortable charting a new product direction, working with customers or writing detailed requirements, he’s most interested in helping others be successful. “I believe that when you trust and empower people they will amaze you.” Indeed, creative solutions that help people use technology to improve a business are the things Larry loves working on.
- 25 year operations and management veteran with 15+ years deploying technology
- Previously held executive management positions in customer success & professional services for tech firms
- Served 7 years in the US Navy as a Nuclear Submarine Officer
- BME from Georgia Tech, MS Civil Engineering from George Washington University