David S. Nill \\ Founder and CEO
Three decades later, David still fervently believes, “Good is never good enough.” Guided by his company’s mission “to propel the legal industry forward through web-based technology,” David is determined to transform the legal landscape. Whether he’s collecting feedback from customers, tweaking LegalConnect’s portal to streamline the ordering process or driving legislative change for the benefit of courts, law firms, and litigants; one thing’s for sure, you’ll always find David thinking of ways to harness the power of technology to simplify the lives of legal professionals.
- 30+ year veteran of legal support services industry
- Past President, Legislative Chairman and Technology Chairman of CALSPro
- Past Officer of the Board of Directors for NAPPS
Bill Davidheiser \\ Executive Vice President, Engineering and CTO
His business card might state C-level, but Bill equally prefers to be toiling away writing code. As one of the principal architects of LegalConnect’s web applications (and everything else technology-related), Bill finds the greatest satisfaction in improving their speed, stability and functionality to meet evolving legal needs and technological developments. One can often find Bill white-boarding ideas with his team of engineers, programming thousands of lines of code, or training on the elliptical with his phone in hand so as not to miss a minute of productivity.
- 25 year veteran in the tech space with lots of experience creating and running large-scale Internet solutions
- Co-founder and a principal architect of Jobaline Inc., a start-up using web and mobile technology
- Previously held executive engineering management positions for both public and private organizations
- B.S. in Computer Science and Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona
Jeff Ellis \\ Executive Vice President, Sales and Business Development
As a veteran business development executive, Jeff is well-known for combining his zest for people and problem solving to execute strategies that accelerate revenue growth and capture new markets. He spends most of his time formulating ways LegalConnect’s technology solutions can deliver value to the legal industry by enabling courts, law firms and service providers to move legal documents with speed and accuracy. In his spare time, you’ll find him reading the latest tech news or a good book, exploring ideas to seize new market opportunities, strumming his guitar, or catching a Buckeyes game.
- 35+ year veteran in the technology world in strategic and operational roles for private and public companies
- Directed various legal services technology initiatives including eFiling and complex litigation document production & review
- B.A. and J.D. from The Ohio State University
Vanessa Valdez \\ Vice President of Marketing
Vanessa is best known for helping organizations drive sales, market share and brand equity growth through customer-led, modern marketing and digital transformation. As the chief customer advocate for the company, she’s continually infusing the voice of the customer into everything we do and ideating innovative ways to capture the hearts and minds of our customers. Outside the workplace, Vanessa relishes in chasing after her precocious daughter, reading a new scintillating novel or thinking of the next country she wants to explore.
- 15+ years of strategic and digital marketing experience
- Prior marketing leadership roles at start-up and Fortune 100 companies
- B.S. in Marketing and Management from Portland State University
- Executive MBA from the University of California, Irvine
Larry Swain \\ Vice President of Platform Integrations
As someone who loves wearing many hats, Larry appreciates the challenge of overseeing platform integrations and service fulfillment at Rapid Legal. While he enjoys integrating solutions that leverage the LegalConnect platform, he’s most interested in helping others be successful. “I believe that when you trust and empower people they will amaze you.” Indeed, creative solutions that help people use technology to improve a business are the things Larry loves working on.
- 25 year operations and management veteran with 15+ years deploying technology
- Previously held executive management positions in customer success & professional services for tech firms
- Served 7 years in the US Navy as a Nuclear Submarine Officer
- BME from Georgia Tech, MS Civil Engineering from George Washington University